The Virtual Center, IBM Global Business Services’ 3D, voice-enabled, and web-based collaboration complex, is open for social business.
IBMers need to meet and work with each other — and with clients, business partners and external contacts — every day. But as the business world becomes more global and travel becomes more constrained, “face to face” collaboration becomes harder to come by. Through the GBS Virtual Center, you can connect and communicate with colleagues in ways that transcend traditional voice or online channels. And you can do real work in an immersive, easy-to-use 3D environment that is voice-enabled and web-based.
Based on IBM partner Avaya’s web.alive platform, the GBS Virtual Center is a 3D, avatar-based venue ideal for a wide range of business gatherings such as team meetings, group brainstorms, client presentations even analyst/press briefings. The GBS Virtual Center offers intuitive controls and wide-ranging capabilities:
- Advanced 3D, spatial audio for natural voice conversation
- An auditorium for up to 50 attendees, smaller conference rooms for more intimate get-togethers, ample informal gathering areas
- State-of-the art presentation tools, document- and desktop-sharing
- “Web walls” for sharing any Internet content, including video or animation
- The ability to secure rooms to accommodate private discussions.
- Easy avatar customization and simple navigation controls
To schedule a tour or inquire about an event or meeting, please leave a comment.